The past 12 months of the pandemic has pushed many businesses to the brink, and sadly, some passed it. While news of the pandemic dominated headlines around the globe, the corporate sector scrambled to adapt to the new business landscape. Opinion pieces circulated about the changing face of retail, industry, cities, of staff and how they will be working in the post-pandemic world.
GPT was classified from the outset of the Covid-19 outbreak as an essential service. We saw our role in all of this as one of utility. Our mission was simple; what do we need to do for our customers right now? What is the utility of the service they need? How do we adapt to their changing needs?
After the immediate needs of our customers were met this left us at a point of corporate reflection. Like many firms, the pandemic has given us moments to reassess and set new strategies moving forward. Similarly, at GPT it’s allowed us re-align our vision and our goals. Furthermore, we also addressed our CSR impact and made sure we’re on track to being a corporate leader in our field.
At GPT we are committed to implementing and integrating environmental, social and ethical practices into our business. Furthermore, we stay on top of innovative sustainability solutions to enhance commercial communities and quality of life.
Our principles are to improve our performance and to do this we are committed to:
- Integrating sustainability considerations into all business decisions, functions and work processes with the aim of creating value and contributing to sustainable development
- Follow the highest standard of governance and transparency
- To provide safe, healthy, clean and fair working conditions for all employees
- Strive to become the supplier of choice to all our clients where we provide recommendations and advice to enhance their waste management processes and practises
Our commitments are to become the thought leaders in matters pertaining to waste management and stewardship and to do this we must:
- Continually review our sustainability and performance commitment
- Regularly review our processes and procedures to mitigate business risk
- Continue to develop reporting content and techniques
- Continually develop our understanding of the market place we operate in order to enhance and benefit our advice
Our aim is that as we enter the post-pandemic world we’ll be sharp, nimble and focused on making a significant impact in the markets we operate in, for our staff, our customers and our communities. To sum up, the past 12 months has been one of the extreme challenges but it’s one that we firmly believe we will all learn from for the better.
GPT Waste offers a strategic review of your waste management requirements in order to identify environmental and cost benefits. Our approach has made us the UK’s leading independent waste management company. To speak to our expert team about your waste management requirements, call 0844 854 5000 or email email@example.com.