GPT Waste help Carillion meet landfill targets with proactive waste management services
We are pleased to announce that GPT Waste have helped Carillion meet their landfill targets, with proactive waste management services.
The project, which was based at Doncaster train station, involved building a new platform and footbridge for the city centre station, this meant that there was a lot of excavating and signalling work to be carried out.
Carillion approached GPT Waste for waste management services in order to assist in reaching their high diversion from landfill targets. GPT Waste were asked to visit the site, in order to provide some alternative measures for managing mixed construction waste, general waste, metal and office waste.
Due to the site being based within an active environment, the size of the construction site was restricted.
GPT Waste proposed a new service provision using smaller containers emptied regularly but with improved front-end segregation, which in turn ensured that the strict landfill di-version target was achieved.
GPT Waste also sent a large amount of general and construction waste off for waste to energy processing.
Matthew Pygott, Environmental Coordinator at Doncaster Station Area Enhancement, said:
“GPT have provided a quality, compliant resolution for managing waste here in Doncaster and taken a proactive approach on site.”
To discuss your project requirements with GPT Waste, call 0844 854 5000 or email them here.
GPT Waste offers a basic Waste Review Service free of charge.
Find out how they can help your business deal more effectively with your waste: Call 0844 854 5000 or email here.
GPT Key Statistics:
- Over 410,000 consignments of waste managed each year
- Over 34,000 waste movements managed each month, the UK produce over 400 million tonnes of waste annually
- UK waste output is growing at over 3% per annum
- Legislation now dictates that companies should be more responsible for their waste
- Compliant with over 1300 pieces of environmental legislation
- Your company can be fined for improper waste management
- Company waste can be turned into a resource if disposed of correctly